Eddie Hooker, CEO of Hamilton Fraser, Paul Shamplina, Founder of Landlord Action. Special guests Matt Hooker and Nick Hamatsos, Co-founders of deposit replacement membership scheme, Ome
Hamilton Fraser’s Property Podcast, ‘Landlords, lettings and deposits’ returns for the first episode of the year. Each episode offers landlords expert property advice on key industry topics across the private rented sector.
A year on from their first appearance on the podcast, Eddie Hooker, CEO of award winning Hamilton Fraser Total Landlord Insurance and Paul Shamplina, Founder of Landlord Action and Brand Ambassador at Hamilton Fraser, are joined by Matt Hooker and Nick Hamatsos, Co-founders of deposit replacement membership scheme, Ome. They explain the trials and tribulations of launching a new product during a global pandemic, and how landlords, agents and tenants are responding to a new deposit model in the market.
Matt and Nick also discuss the incredible insights gained from over 14,200 landlords, agents and tenants throughout the UK in the recently released co-branded private rented sector sentiment survey between Ome and traditional deposit protection scheme, mydeposits. Investigating topics such as self-management, landlord/tenant relationships, government support and perceived rental value, amongst other questions, the responses paint a largely positive picture for the future of the sector.
Eddie, Paul, Matt and Nick also give their opinions on what further private rented sector innovation could look like, and how this would impact landlords, agents and their tenants.
This year Eddie’s closing question encourages guests to delve deeper into what the future holds for the buy to let sector and asks, ‘What is unusual in the PRS now that will be commonplace by 2030?’ Their thought-provoking answers help to remind us that with a new year come new opportunities.
Don’t forget to listen out for brand new episodes of Hamilton Fraser’s Property Podcast with new special industry guests every episode!
Missed the previous podcasts in the series? Don’t worry, you can catch up with industry news here!
Previous guests include:
• Daniel Lee, Mortgage Broker at Total Landlord Mortgages
• Steve Bowen, Mediator at the Property Redress Scheme and experienced landlord
• Jonathan Schuman, established portfolio landlord and Owner of Magnet Properties
• Ben Beadle, Chief Executive of the National Residential Landlords Association (NRLA)
• Matt Hooker and Nick Hamatsos, Co-Founders of Ome, a new breed of deposit replacement scheme
• Sean Hooker, Head of Redress at the Property Redress Scheme
• Kate Faulkner, market analyst, commentator and co-author of ‘The Landlord’s Friend’
• Tessa Shepperson, residential property lawyer and Managing Director of Landlord Law